Showing posts with label New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm Comments on the Unconscionable Abuse of Adult Home Residents in Brooklyn. Show all posts
Showing posts with label New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm Comments on the Unconscionable Abuse of Adult Home Residents in Brooklyn. Show all posts

Saturday, October 29, 2011

New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm Comments on the Unconscionable Abuse of Adult Home Residents in Brooklyn

View Latest Cook County Probate Court
Corruption and Fraud Videos at this blog site:

http://northshorelive.blogspot.com/





New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm Comments on the Unconscionable Abuse of Adult Home Residents in Brooklyn


October 16, 2011

New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm comments on allegations of adult home abuse in Brooklyn. Residents charge that they were abused mentally, emotionally, and financially by adult home administrators.

NEW YORK, NY, October 16, 2011 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Residents at the Garden of Eden Home in Brooklyn charge that they were abused mentally, emotionally, and financially by adult home administrators responsible for taking care of them.

In response to the allegations of the adult home abuse, legal action was filed against the New York State Department of Health (DOH), charging that the state Health Department failed to enforce the laws and regulations protecting adult homes residents from psychological abuse and financial exploitation.

"Thousands of individuals are abused each year in adult homes, nursing homes and other facilities responsible for their care," said New York nursing home abuse lawyer David Perecman. "This is a tragedy that needs to be stopped and, in a number of cases, legal action appears to be the most effective way to send the message."

According to Garden of Eden residents, head administrator Martin Amsel repeatedly bullied them into attending optional treatment meetings and would threaten them with eviction or unnecessary hospital visits if they didn't do as he dictated. They said they were also bullied for complaining about conditions and requesting help with medical problems, reported by the New York Daily News.

Adult abuse and nursing home abuse lawyers in New York understand unsanitary living conditions at the facility were significant issues for complaint.

As reported by the Daily News, the DOH noted that residents at the Garden of Eden Home complained they were served stale and moldy food.

Financial abuse was another major issue of complaint.

One resident complained she was forced into a $1,000 contract for the use of air conditioning in her room.

In another incident, the home illegally deducted money from a resident's monthly personal needs allowance, which residents receive to cover all expenses beyond room and board. These deductions are prohibited by law.

Incidents of adult home abuse and nursing home abuse often go unreported. Residents may be reluctant to complain for fear of retaliation or embarrassment, caretakers may cover up abuses, and family and friends of the abuse victim may be unaware of the warning signs of abuse, explained Perecman, a New York nursing home abuse lawyer with over 30 years of experience helping adult home abuse and nursing home neglect victims.

Apparently, the Garden of Eden Home has faced multiple lawsuits stemming from complaints of mistreatment from residents. The New York Health Department cited the facility for a number of violations earlier this year, said the Daily News.

A Health Department spokesman told the Daily News that most of the violations the home was cited for related to verbal abuse and retribution.

Several residents were quoted as feeling threatened and abused in the New York Daily News article.

According a National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) fact sheet, over 2 million Americans have been injured, exploited, or otherwise mistreated by someone on whom they depended for care or protection.

Nursing home abuse lawyers at New York's The Perecman Firm represent victims of adult home abuse, nursing home abuse, disabled adult abuse, and elder neglect in New York. If family or friends suspect that nursing home abuse is happening to someone close, there are things they can do to end it. One of the most important things is to talk with a nursing home abuse lawyer in New York who has experience with nursing home abuse cases.

About David Perecman and The Perecman Firm, PLLC:

For the past 30 years, the New York nursing home abuse lawyers at The Perecman Firm, PLLC have handled all types of abuse cases including adult home abuse, nursing home abuse, disabled adult abuse, and elder neglect in New York. David Perecman, founder of the Firm, is a Board Director and the past Secretary and Treasurer of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA) and a chair of its Labor Law Committee. Mr. Perecman's achievements have brought him recognition as an Honoree in the National Law Journal's Hall of Fame, in New York Magazine's "The Best Lawyers in America" and The New York Times Magazine "New York Super Lawyers, Metro Edition" for the years 2007-2010.

Please read complete article at link below:


http://www.einnews.com/247pr/241153

Editor's note: Alice Gore, a resident in a Chicago nursing home was fed a pudding that was several years old. When photos of the container and its dates were presented to the court, the judge just sluffed it off.  Lucius Verenus, Schoolmaster, ProbateSharks.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New York Nursing Home Lawyer from The Perecman Firm Comments on the Unconscionable Abuse of Adult Home Residents in Brooklyn

Hitler's Parents Claim Judge Found No Abuse of Little Adolf, Aryan Nation


Parents of "Adolf Hitler" and "Aryan Nation" claim a judge found no evidence of abuse, but the state still hasn't given their kids backBy Teresa Masterson
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2011
Updated 9:15 AM EDTView Comments (78)
Email
Print NBCPhiladelphia.com - Doug Shimell

Heath and Deborah Campbell are in a custody battle against to get their children Adolf Hitler and Joycelynn Aryan Nation back from foster care. They claim the judge said there was no evidence of abuse and say the children were taken because of their names.

Hitler's Parents Claim Children Were Taken...

 Heath and Deborah Campbell, who named two of their children Adolf Hitler and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, are claiming that a court vindicated them of all abuse allegations last month. But after 33 months in foster care, the children are still not home.

New Jersey Family Court officials had no comment Tuesday.

“Actually, the judge and DYFS told us that there was no evidence of abuse and that it was the names! They were taken over the children's names,” Heath Campbell told NBC 10 Tuesday.

Court records last year stated that the children were not removed from the home because of their names, but because of tangible evidence of abuse or neglect.

Protesting the fact that they still don't have their kids, the Campbells picketed with three other people outside of child services offices in Flemington, N.J. Tuesday. The couple spoke exclusively to NBC 10, saying that the state has no right to keep their children away from them now that the court allegedly ruled that the kids were taken away without cause.

Hitler Campbell's Aunt... More Multimedia “I don’t sleep, I don’t eat much. I miss my kids. Miss their pitter patters on the floor,” Heath Campbell told NBC 10’s Doug Shimell. “It’s hard. I fall asleep with their pictures.”

The Campbell’s three small children were removed from their Holland Township home by the state in January 2009 after they asked a grocery store in Greenwich, N.J., to write “Adolf Hitler” on their son’s birthday cake.

Though a local Wal-Mart honored the birthday cake request, Adolf Hitler Campbell and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell were put into foster care.

“They beg to come home all of the time,” Deborah told NBC 10 Tuesday. “They beg to see their dad, they want to see their dad all the time.”

While the Campbells maintained from the beginning that the only reason their children were taken away is because of their given names, New Jersey court documents stated last year that there was alleged abuse and parental incompetence.

A New Jersey appeals court ruled in August 2010 that there was sufficient evidence of abuse or neglect because of domestic violence in the home, and though there was a gag order for both parties in the case (which the Campbells have broken multiple times to deny the allegations), authorities have stated in the past that putting the children into the foster system had nothing to do with their names.

Court records stated last year that both parents were victims of childhood abuse and both were unemployed and suffering from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities.

The Campbells say that a judge will decide by early December if the kids will come home.

"Can't wait for the decision," Heath Campbell said Tuesday. "Can't wait for them to come home."

Please read complete article at link below:


http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Hitler-Parents-Claim-Judge-Found-No-Abuse-of-Adolf-Aryan-Nation.html

Editor's note: As my readers will testify, ProbateShark is broad minded...Yes, naming your kids after Nazis is not in good taste and yes, it casts doubt on the sanity of the parents. But is being weird a crime? We have seen numerous incursions by the Probate Court of Cook County into family life for far lesser infractions. To take your children away for being different?  That is wrong! Soon Amish, Orthodox Jews and Muslims should start worrying...just for being out of the mainstream of  American life.  Lucius Verenus, Schoolmaster, ProbateSharks.com